VARIETY - BLOGCreamy vanilla no-churn ice cream - 24/07/2017
Ever dread the call of the ice cream van coming round the corner... children nag until you give in... and if they’ve got friends round, it can cost a fortune... so why not make your own... this recipe is really quick and easy and you will have the ice cream in your freezer for the whole family to enjoy
- Half a 397g can of sweetened condensed milk
- 600 ml pot of double cream
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Put the condensed milk, cream and vanilla extract into a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric whisk until thick and quite stiff (a bit like clotted cream).
- Scrape into a freezer container or a large loaf tin, cover with cling film and freeze until solid.
*Buy cones and wafers in the supermarket... you could even buy your own raspberry sauce and sprinkles!