VARIETY - BLOGFruit kebabs with chocolate cream sauce - 28/05/2013
- 12 fresh strawberries
- ½ fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 peach, stoned and cut into 6 sections
- 1 banana, cut into 6 pieces
- 12 grapes
- 12 marshmallows
- 6 kebab skewers
For the sauce:
- 200g (7oz) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300ml (½ pint) double cream
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- Put 2 strawberries, pineapple chunks, a piece each of peach and banana, 2 grapes and 2 marshmallows onto each skewer, alternating the colours.
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients into a bowl and place it over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until everything is combined, the chocolate has melted and it is a smooth consistency (you can also do this in a microwave). Pour into a jug.
- Place the filled skewers onto a long plate and serve with the chocolate sauce.