VARIETY - BLOGHalloween Treats - 23/10/2013
Christmas is fast approaching! But first we have Halloween just around the corner, and with half term, spooky parties and 'trick or treaters' due to call, we love this eerie twist on a cake pop....enjoy this eye ball popping recipe, and have a great Halloween everyone.
- 100g/4oz Madeira cake
- 100g Oreo cookies
- 100g bar milk chocolate, melted
- 200g bar white chocolate, melted
- few Smarties and icing pens, to decorate
You will also need
- 10 wooden skewers
- ½ small pumpkin or butternut squash, deseeded, to stand pops in
- Break the Madeira cake and cookies into the bowl of a food processor, pour in the melted milk chocolate and whizz to combine.
- Tip the mixture into a bowl, then use your hands to roll into about 10 walnut-sized balls. Chill for 2 hrs until really firm.
- Push a skewer into each ball, then carefully spoon the white chocolate over the cake balls to completely cover. Stand the cake pops in the pumpkin, then press a Smartie onto the surface while wet. Chill again until the chocolate has set. Before serving, using the icing pens, add a pupil to each Smartie and wiggly red veins to the eyeballs.
Recipe from the BBC Good Food website