VARIETY - BLOGBanana-choc yogurt cake - 31/03/2016
This yummy cake is really easy to make and you don’t even need scales... get the kids to help too!
- 120g full-fat natural yogurt
- 1 yogurt potful sunflower oil (see tip)
- 2 yogurt potfuls soft light brown sugar
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- 3 yogurt potfuls self-raising flour
- ½ tsp each ground ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon
- 2 very ripe bananas, lightly mashed
- 100g good quality milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces or chocolate chips
- 100g dark chocolate, melted with knob of butter or sunflower oil (either on the hob over a pan of simmering water or melt in the microwave on medium for around 30 seconds)
- Heat the oven to 325°F/170°C fan/gas 3. Lightly oil and line a 1 litre loaf tin with a long strip of baking paper that hangs over the sides.
- Put the yogurt in a large bowl, stir in the oil and sugar and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, then the flour and spices, bananas, milk chocolate and a pinch of salt.
- Pour into the tin and bake for 50-55 minutes until a skewer pushed into the middle comes out with no sticky cake mix on it. If, after 30 minutes, it starts to brown too much on top, cover with foil.
- Remove from the oven. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Ease out using the paper to help. Cool completely.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate on top and smooth with a spoon. Leave to set for 30 minutes, then slice.
There’s no need to weigh ingredients 2-5, just use the empty 120g yogurt pot to measure.
· Serves 12