VARIETY - BLOGAsparagus Puff Pastry Tarts - 28/04/2016
Crisp flaky pastry, soft cheese and fresh asparagus come together effortlessly to make this excellent light lunch which is perfect for the bank holidays, either to take with you on a day out or to eat at home. Quick to prepare, these tarts look great on a plate accompanied by a simple salad.
500g puff pastry
sprinkling of plain flour, for rolling the pastry
150g soft French herb cheese
1 egg yolk
125g fine asparagus spears
25g Parmesan, shaved
1 bag salad , to serve
Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut out 4 rectangles, 18cm by 12cm.
- About 2cm in from the edge of each rectangle mark a border, ensuring you don’t cut right through the pastry, and place on a greased or lined baking tray.
- Beat together the soft cheese and egg and divide between the pastry rectangles.
- Spread to cover the inner rectangle.
- Trim the asparagus to fit and arrange over the cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with salad.