VARIETY - BLOGGarlic Shrimp Linguine - 28/06/2016
- 454g (1lb) uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 454g (1lb) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, drain.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over a medium/low heat. Add the wine, cheese, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Increase the heat to medium/high and add the shrimp to the saucepan. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the shrimp begins to turn pink. Do not overcook.
- Divide the pasta into portions and spoon the sauce on top.