VARIETY - BLOGSweet Potato Chips - 29/09/2016
Everyone loves fish and chips but we’re constantly being told that they’re bad for us due to the high fat content etc. However, these Sweet Potato Chips are a lovely alternative. The recipe says serves 4 but you might want to double it as the whole family will love them!
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 -3 tablespoons olive oil or use the olive oil spray
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt, plus extra for sprinkling
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas Mark 7
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges
3. Place the wedges on a large lined baking sheet. Pour over olive oil (or spray) and toss to mix
4. Sprinkle over the brown sugar, salt and black pepper. Turn the wedges to coat
5. Spread out in a single layer. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, then take out and turn the wedges over
6. Place back in oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes, or until the wedges are golden brown and crispy on the outside
7. Sprinkle with extra salt to taste. The cooking time will depend on how big the wedges are.